Friday, February 5, 2010

Winter Has Come

I tried to blog yesterday, but without much success. I had so many thoughts going through my mind that I became overwhelmed. So, I decided that it might be easier for me to write a poem/psalm. I will do that from time to time. Some of you may recognize this "place" that I write about.


Winter has come….

As a vineyard in summer, I was once clothed in royal garments.
A majestic, vibrant and fruitful life was there for all to see.

Now, I stand before the people stripped down to nothing, bare and exposed.
Their eyes are upon me. What do they see?
Do they know that you are still with me?
Will they look beyond outward appearances?
Will they recognize that your will is being done in me?
Is it evident that it is by your hand that I am in this place?

Do they see that even so, I struggle to be still.

Do not despise it….

I surrender to this winter season Lord.

Standing
Waiting
Expecting

Being sure of what I hope for and certain of what I do not see -
The newness of spring...

No comments:

Post a Comment