Tuesday, October 26, 2010

My Now

This poem was inspired by a devotional sent out by one of my dear friends. I am sure I am not interpreting her devotional exactly how she meant it and you may find yourself not interpreting this poem exactly how I meant it. That is the beauty of the Spirit - He speaks to each person's understanding.

My Now

My Past was once ever before me
Like a constant wall blocking my way
I could not go around it, over it or through it
No escaping the shadow it cast over my life
I walked in fear of the unknown and the unseen
Blindly groping forward

My Present was once unhinged
Like a constant swinging door
Pushing me backward and forward in time
No sure ground on which to plant my feet
I walked in fear of the unknown and the unseen
Wavering from moment to moment

My Future was once concealed
Like the inside of a circus fun house
Confusion and deception at every turn
No exit sign to be found anywhere
I walked in fear of the unknown and the unseen
Imprisoned in uncertainty

My Now (past, present and future)
Is held in the hands of the Great I Am
An "in the moment" place where
I can be sure of what I hope for
And certain of what I do not see
Freed to Be

I encourage anyone who feels stuck in the past or paralyzed by the future to seek shelter in God and let Him lead you and instruct you on how to live your life in the Now moment with Him. I find that the more I trust Him with my Now life, the more I am at rest. Doesn't rest sound good?



1 comment:

  1. I'm definitely reading this poem at small group tonight <3 so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete