Thursday, March 19, 2009

The Power of Words

Words

They fascinate me!

The search for just the right words to articulate my thoughts can be satisfying at times and frustrating at others. For me, words are the building blocks, or DNA, of expression. How I choose and order the words on the inside of me, will determine what my outward expression will look like. 

Expression - as in bringing into the light, illuminating, that which is unseen - making something known.

The thing is that I don't just desire to make words known. I desire to make myself known through words. I desire people to know what is in my heart. My heart is the nucleus, the core, the creation place of my thoughts, beliefs and opinions. It is where my purposes and intentions are birthed.

This trail of thinking brought me to a particular set of verses:

"In the beginning [before all time] was the Word (Christ), and the Word was with God, and the Word was God Himself. He was present originally with God. All things were made and came into existence through Him; and without Him was not even one thing made that has come into being." John 1:1-3 (Amplified Bible)


Jesus was called "the Word." Jesus (Christ) is the core expression of who God is and he, "the Word," brought every thing that was in God's heart into being. All God's desires and intentions were birthed out of His heart and illuminated through His Son, the Word, to the world.



Words come in the form of a divine person. They come from human beings as well. There is something unique and powerful about words and the instrument that speaks them forth and it is this:

"Death and life are in the power of the tongue..." 
Proverbs 18:21(a) (NASB)

I close with this prayer:

"Let the words of my mouth and the meditations of my heart 
be pleasing in your sight,
 O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer."
Psalm 19:14 (NIV)

May the Spirit of the Lord continuously cleanse my heart so that what is expressed from this unseen place is more and more the life and love of God.

 Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment