Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Walking in Fullness of Spirit

To anyone who has spent any time with me lately, it is fairly obvious that something has happened to me. Something divine. A "Lazarus" experience. A resurrection.

“When He had said these things, He cried out with a loud voice, "Lazarus, come forth.” The man who had died came forth, bound hand and foot with wrappings, and his face was wrapped around with a cloth. Jesus said to them, "Unbind him, and let him go."
John 11:43-44 (NASB)

God has called me by name out of a dead place (a tomb) and commanded that I come forth (live), be unbound and let go!

Come forth.... Unbind her.... Let her go....

I still remember the moment when I understood that Jesus had called my name and I was brought out of death and into life with Him. I even remember being aware that there was more to be done. I needed help in removing those things in my life that were associated with death - my grave clothes and their stench - and God and I have co-labored together to this end. (Lazarus means "God is my help").

It is the "let go" factor that captures my attention now.

A friend* said to me just a few days ago that she sees me as someone who is free from grave clothes, that they are lying at my feet and the word "victory" came to her mind. She shared this scripture with me:



"But thanks be to God, who always leads us in triumph in Christ, and manifests through us the sweet aroma of the knowledge of Him in every place."
 2 Corinthians 2:14 (NASB)


Her words gave me a fuller understanding of what has been happening to me. I am FREE! Not just free, but FREE INDEED! The grave clothes (unbinding) part of my walk with Jesus is done! It is time for me to be let go! I am walking out of a new level of victory and I am putting out a sweet smelling aroma of Him in EVERY place. 

I have graduated into a higher understanding of the freedom and life I have in Christ. It has been a long road to get to this leg of my journey. I believe I am on the last segment of my earthly, natural journey with God and I believe it will be the most fulfilling time of my life. 





"Every man serves the good wine first, and when the people have drunk freely, then he serves the poorer wine; but you have kept the good wine until now."
John 2:10 (NASB)



I have to admit. I have viewed a majority of my Christian walk as a co-laboring "to change and heal me" relationship with the Lord. I have not despised this aspect of our relationship because I love process and growth and working things out. However, I have been missing a very huge part of my Father's heart. 

His original intent...

For me to walk in fullness of spirit with Him in this world until the day I am able to walk in spirit in the fullness of His glory unveiled.

How do I do this? First, by embracing the freedom and liberty that was so costly gained on my behalf. Second, by allowing Him to do the work that frees my spirit up from ungodly entanglements and distractions. Third, acting on the truth...

I was created to have fellowship with him. To enjoy him. To be like him.  

What does walking in fullness of spirit look like in my life right now? 

Writing. Art. Photography.
Cooking. Gardening. 
Playing. Working. 
Learning. Living. 
Loving.

What does it look like in yours? I would love to share in the knowledge, and when able, the experience of how you are manifesting God's spirit in your life. 

* Thanks Meredith




No comments:

Post a Comment