Sunday, March 29, 2009

Journey of my Soul

In the womb, I was given a gift. It is called a soul. It was placed inside me with great care and it was full of seeds of promise. When I was born, my soul entered a realm of possibilities. As I grew, my soul expanded and potential stretched and reached out to the world around me. 

Promises. Possibilities. Potential. 

Open to receive. Open to embrace. 

Slap! Smack! Whack! 

Went the world around me.

Retreat!

Confused. Cautious. Unsure. 

Long suffering. Perseverance.

The long suffering of my soul carried me through time and space and placed me at the feet of Jesus. The Maker of my soul introduced me to the Keeper of my soul. His presence was made known to me. His whispers called to me, coaxing and urging me out of darkness and into the light to try again. He spoke, the Lover of my soul, the language of my soul...


"Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you." (Deut. 31:6 NIV)

For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
(Jer. 29:11 NIV)

"Behold, the former things have come to pass, Now I declare new things; Before they spring forth I proclaim them to you."
(Isa. 42:9 NASB)

Patience.


Promises, possibilities, potential, perseverance, patience.


No comments:

Post a Comment